What can I use Proof of Employment if I am a sole proprietor or self-employed?
Since you are self-employed, the bank needs proof of ownership of your business.
This needs to be the following document and needs to have been issued within the past 6 months:
- A letter from a client or business partner indicating that you are the owner of your company.
- Must be dated within the past 6 months
- Must be signed
- Must include your complete name as seen on passport exactly
- Must include your company name (not required if a freelancer)
- Must be written on official company letterhead of your client or business partner
- Must state the start date of your activity (i.e. when you started working with your client/business partner or started operating your business)
Here are some examples of those documents
Letter from a client or business partner