Do I need to translate my documents if they are not in English or Portuguese?

One of our banking partners (Millennium BCP) only accepts documents in Portuguese, English, Italian, French, or Spanish.

If your documents (e.g. proof of address, proof of employment, etc.) are not in any of these languages, you will need to provide a  certified translation (in English or Portuguese) of your documents.

For customers from the Schengen area:
Documents can be certified by lawyer, notary or any BCP branches outside of Portugal.

For customers from other countries or residents outside the Schengen Area: 
Documents can only be certified by an authorized entity (Portuguese Consulate/Embassy or any other entities with the Hague Apostille).

Schengen Areas:

Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us