What can I use as proof of address in Portugal?

You can use any of the following documents as proof of address in Portugal:

  • Portugal residence permit - For most of our customers, this is the simplest proof of address that you can provide to the Portugal tax office. It is also known as the "Título de residência".
  • CRUE - If you are an EU citizen, you can provide your European Union Citizen Registration Certificate ("Certificado de Registro de Cidadão da União Europeia")
  • Housing lease/rental agreement that is registered with Portal das Finanças - Learn more - Why does my lease agreement need to be registered with the tax office?
  • Employment contract
  • Deed of acquisition of property for housing (also known as the "Escritura Pública de Compra e Venda")
  • Proof that you have been in Portuguese territory for more than 183 days, consecutive or otherwise, in any 12-month period
  • Atestado De Residência - A document issued by your parish council (Freguesia) certifying your current residence*

*Some tax offices do not accept the Atestado De Residência to remove your fiscal representative. Please contact your tax office for more information.

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us