As an EU citizen, do I need a tax representative?

EU citizens are able to request a Portuguese NIF for themselves by going to a tax office. However, if you want someone to request a NIF on your behalf (which is the case if you use Bordr's services), you will need to appoint a fiscal representative.

The only way to cancel the fiscal representation fees is by assigning a new fiscal rep (usually yourself, but it can be another tax resident in Portugal). See this help article for more info - How do I cancel my fiscal representation with Bordr?

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us