Why does my Portugal lease agreement need to be registered with the tax office?

In Portugal, residential lease agreements must be registered with one of two systems:

  1. Portal das Finanças for long term leases or
  2. Alojamento Local (AL) for short term ones

In order to cancel Bordr's fiscal representation fees, you will need to provide proof that you are a tax resident in Portugal. As a tax resident, you do not need a fiscal representative and can cancel the fiscal representation of Bordr's law firm.

Most tax offices will ask that your lease is registered with Portal das Finanças to demonstrate that you have a long term residence in Portugal. You can ask your landlord for help with this

Still need help? Contact Us Contact Us